Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Chicken Cordon Bleu

OK So I made Chicken Cordon Bleu last night and it was SOOO good I had to share the recipe. Seriously if I made it then it is easy because I was not blessed with the art of cooking!


Chicken Cordon Bleu
6 Boneless chicken breasts
6 thin slices ham
6 this slices swiss cheese
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cornflake crumbs (I used bread crumbs)
salt and pepper


Place chicken pieces between sheets of plastic wap and pound with meat mallet or rolling pin to about 1/8 inch thick.
Place one slice of cheese on each slice of ham roll ham and cheese and place in center of chicken breast. Tuck in ends and wrap chicken around ham. (Just roll it up!) Fasten edges with toothpicks. Add spices to cornslake crumbs. (I didn't do this because I didn't have thyme and it still tasted good) Dip chicken in melted butter and roll in crumbs.
Place chicken in baking dish. bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes or until chicken is browned. Serve with Cordon Bleu Sauce.


Chicken Cordon Bleu Sauce
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 cup evaporated milk
1 cup hot water
2 chicken bouillion cubes
salt and pepper

Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour with wire whisk. Gradually pour in milk stirring constantly until smooth. Add bouillion to water and stir until dissolved. Stir into milk mixture and bring to a boil. Add salt and pepper to taste.


I got this from "What's for dinner?" By: Jana Schofield

No comments:

Post a Comment